In general, all dry fountains are composed of a series of water jets that emerge over a concrete slab pavement located in a public space. The jets are fed by a system installed under the slabs; this system carries the water to the different places, pushes it out and collects it again. Read More
- The Installation with Individual Sinks, as its own name indicates, is composed of a net of sinks (deposits) communicated by pipes settled at the bottom. These sinks usually measure 80x80x80 cm.
- The sinks are all on the same level. Each sink has not less than two pipes: one for the water flow and another to house the electrical wires that manage the fountain operation.
- This type of installation is recommended for dry fountains up to 25 water jets. For example, a grid of 5x5 jets could be considered.
- Over the sinks there is always a concrete-slab pavement. The slabs make up the floor of the public place where the dry fountain is located. The slabs that cover the sinks include the Waterboy Kit metal plate in the center: this plate lets the water and the light out, and collects the water afterwards
- This system is especially advised for fountains with irregular or complex designs. The sinks can be distributed asymmetrically, in circles or creating complicated shapes
Which Waterboy is the most appropriate?
Dry fountains with individual sinks can only mount one type of Waterboy. We are talking about the Waterboy Kit with individual underwater pump. This way, each jet emerges from a set that includes the Waterboy Kit and the sink itself, duly waterproofed. In this type of installation (with individual sinks), the pump that collects the water from the sink and carries it to the nozzle is usually included in the Waterboy Kit.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The main advantage of the installation with individual sinks is that everything comes in a complete kit. It is not necessary to install any collector or distribution pipe: the water just goes from the pump to the nozzle.
- In civil works this installation is quite difficult – every sink has to be constructed and waterproofed, the pipes have to be installed at the bottom… So the installation becomes more complex and expensive.
- The maintenance and cleaning are somewhat uneasy, as the worker has to move in the confined space provided by the sink.
- There can be obstructions in the communication pipes.
Every ornamental fountain needs a proper water filtration system, in order to guarantee the good quality of the water. In dry fountains with individual sinks, the filtering water flow circulates through the pipes that connect the sinks and flows all over the fountain, ensuring the renovation of water in every sink. To achieve this, the communication pipes’ section must be wide enough so as to let the proper volume of water through.