Just like passable dry fountains with individual fountain dry sinks system, the one that are fed by communicated canals are also located under removable-slab pavements. In this case, instead of individual sinks the system is composed of several continuous canals connected by pipes, so a constant water flow is ensured. Read More
- The system consists of a net of parallel canals, connected by pipes settled at the bottom. These pipes ensure a constant water flow. In accordance to the first example, a dry fountain with 25 water jets should include 5 canals with 5 jets in each canal.
- The bottom pipes are designed to make water flow between the canals, but also to house the electrical wiring.
- Each canal houses a distribution pipe that carries the water from one kit (jet) to another into the same canal
- This system includes different options. In this case, each jet can mount a Waterboy Kit with individual underwater pump so the distribution pipe would not be necessary. There is also the possibility of installing one pump for each canal – then, the water pushed by the pump would reach every Waterboy in the canal through the distribution pipe. The pump can be a dry (see Scheme X) or underwater model, on the client’s request. Another option: installation with auxiliary deposit and dry-canals system and a return pipe between them and the deposit. The pump can also be dry or underwater (when it is located inside the deposit)
- Just like in the installation with individual sinks, the canals are covered by a concrete-slab pavement. Some slabs include the kit plate through which the water jets emerge. The slabs are supported by angle profiles attached to both sides of each canal. Between the slabs there must be a separation joint that will let the water go back to the underground canals.
- The system with communication canals is recommended for every type of dry fountains, being specially advised for big-sized fountains.
Which Waterboy is the most appropriate?
Dry fountains with communicated canals installation are compatible with any type of Waterboy: with or without pump.If the Waterboy should not include an underwater pump, it would have to be equipped with a double electro-valve controlled by an outer electrical panel.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The maintenance and cleaning of the communicated canals are quite easier than inside the individual sinks. The canals are wider so the workers can move more comfortably and have better access to the installations
- This system makes it possible to achieve big-sized fountains without complicated installations.
- The slabs that make up the pavement over the canals are only supported by profiles located behind two of their sides (and not under all of their sides, like in the installation with individual sinks). This means that it could be necessary to use thicker and stronger slabs.
In these systems water flows through the bottom pipes from one canal to another. Then, it is compulsory to push the water so it reaches every canal. The filtered water will be pushed through all the canals of the fountain.