The third type of installation for passable fountains is the one fed by water stored in an underground open pool. The pool would be the same size as the own fountain and would be located under the slab pavement. This water deposits are huge an size and fully open; hence their name.
- The complexity of this installation lies in its covering, that is, the slab pavement. As the slabs have no side supports (except for the outer sides of the perimeter slabs), it is necessary to install adjustable legs located under the convergence between four slabs. This way, the fountain’s pavement would be what is known as ‘passable technical pavement’. Between the slabs there must be a slight separation that will make possible the return of the pushed water to the underground pool.
- The adjustable legs are located under the convergence between four slabs: they support the corners of these pieces. They are usually custom-made, and though they are made of plastic usually show a considerable and proven compressive strength (force exerted from the top down). The slabs, like the ones of the first and second systems, are of two types: blind and with the Waterboy Kit plate.
- The slabs are supported by the legs with no fixation system at all. This way it is easier to remove them for a good maintenance of the installation. Nevertheless (and on the client’s request) they can be screwed to the supporting pieces.
- This system is recommended for fountains with many water jets, complex dispositions, arbitrary designs and installations covering big areas.
Which Waterboy is the most appropriate?
Advantages and disadvantages
- This installation is the easiest to perform in civil work as it can be achieved with just one big pool.
- It s maintenance is equally simpler – the pool provides the workers with enough place to comfortably perform any operations. This system makes it possible to remove as many as slabs as necessary.
- The pavement must be constructed with high-quality slabs. These pieces should be able to withstand a considerably weight, as they are not supported by angle profiles or concrete stands.
- The design of this type of fountains must be carefully planned, making exact strength calculations for the supporting legs and the pavement in order to avoid accidents.
The filtration system for dry fountains with open-pool installation is similar to the one included in any kind of conventional pool, water deposit or swimming-pool. The installation extracts water from one of the pool’s ends and pushes it to the other end, facilitating the water oxygenation too.